EPDM Silicone Roof Coatings
Many commercial and industrial roofs in today’s world are covered with rolled rubber roofing called EPDM. These systems are many times applied because they are fairly easy to maintain. The material is also elastic, allowing it to fit to the contour of the roof. The problem with these systems is they absorb much of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Over time the effect of the suns radiation on the roof can cause the rubber to lose is elastic properties resulting faster material decomposition and increased susceptibility to damage. This is where much of the potential for leaks comes from, along with poor fitting around roof protrusions. While black roof systems such as EPDM reflect less then 10% of the suns energy, while our white silicone roof coating reflects up to 85% of the suns energy! This increased reflectivity results in lower roof temperatures, and lower temperatures inside your building.
White roofs reflect more sun, meaning the sun’s harmful rays do not have as powerful of a deteriorating effect that is does on a black roof, leading to a longer lasting roof solution! All of that means cost effectiveness for you, the building owner! With the savings you keep in your pocket, it is possible that these systems can pay for themselves in as little as 5-7 years! We believe that this reason alone is enough reason to choose a silicone coating system by Progressive. But that is not the only reason! Here are some more benefits that you get when you choose a Progressive silicone roof coating.
- No need to tear off existing membrane, saving labor and tear off costs
- Eliminates landfill waste, meaning it’s better for the environment
- Seamless spray application stops leaks effectively
- Extends roof life
- Extendable warranty
- Easy maintenance
- And, of course, a white roof means increased energy efficiency, keeping money in your pocket
This membrane coating system can be applied to a number of various substrates including: aged TPO, aged PVC, CSPE, EPDM, and modified bitumen.
How is it applied?
The membrane coating is applied in a 4 step process:
1. First the existing roof is cleaned with our industrial strength cleaning product.
2. Tack coat primer is applied to the entire surface to prepare roof.
3. Each seam is reinforced with our high strength fabric imbedded in a layer of basecoat on top and bottom.
4. The entire roof is sealed with spray on, white silicone top coat for ultimate waterproofing and protection.
Before you make the expensive decision to replace your entire roof or continue on with endless patching give us a call and allow us to provide you a free estimate and inspection of your flat roof. At Provision Roofing we are all about providing quality roofing solutions that save you money and put your mind at ease.